Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Going Downhill Fast

Well, it seems I made a huge mistake when I moved into the apartments where I live. Turns out the owner, who lives in Miami, won't let the management staff here even have the backed up pipes cleaned out unless they call him first. They are now extremely limited on what repairs they can and cannot do. I have not seen one pest control person in a year.

My kitchen sink backed up Tuesday night, water and soap suds everywhere. I was mopping for an hour to get it all up. Plunging, too. I called the office Wednesday morning. She said, "I'm sorry. You'll just have to deal with it. The maintenance man is out of town till Monday." A professional complex would have called a plumber. Now this sink has backed up on me at least once a week since I've been here. She blames it on the apartment upstairs using too much soap or washing clothes at the same time, neither of which makes any sense. The lady upstairs has been here eight years and says that's ridiculous, too.

Today my bathtub and toilet backed up all over the floor. A large roach was swimming in the bathtub water. I mopped and mopped. This has gone on now since Wednesday. My neighbor upstairs knocked on my door and asked me if I was having any problems with drains and I told her what had happened. She said she went to the office and told her that the drain pipe in front of our air units was overflowing and needed to be cleaned. She told her she couldn't do anything until Monday when the maintenance man came back. My neighbor took me around to show me where the top was off and poop and toilet paper was all over the ground. A feminine pad was right beside it all. This is extremely unsanitary and and no one should have to live like this.

Of course, the more you complain, the office writes you up and eventually sends you packing.

My lease comes up for renewal this Monday and I would give anything in this world to be able to afford a move to another place. But I can't afford it and can't do it by myself.

Prayers are needed....guidance would be appreciated, but I need action.
Thanks so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment