Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thankful

Blogging has helped me cope with the pain, both physically and emotionally, of dealing with this horrible disease and its multitude of spawning illnesses. Some days are worse than others. I'm thankful to be able to write about it.

When I think about so many people in this world suffering so much, I realize I am just a dot on the map. I may be alone and suffering, but I am one in millions wanting my life back, to be able to work again, to have a purpose.

There comes a time to accept life where I am and hope and pray somehow my life will make a difference. I am thankful to have a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in, food in my pantry, a place for my kitty to feel safe. I still long to live in a place where I can sleep through the night and feel safe as well, a place outside of Dothan. Only with help can this come to pass.

I am thankful I was able to take care of my mom, dad and only brother before they passed on. How many people can say that? I worked at the same time with my dad and brother. It was the hardest thing I ever did, but I wouldn't change it. I am who I am today because of where I came from...

May God use my life where I am, be blessed by it no matter how small it may be, and have mercy on me when I step out of line.

No comments:

Post a Comment