Thursday, October 4, 2012

With Change....

When you start over in a new place, there are always complications. With me it has been financial. Medicare now takes out extra money from my income because I'm not being covered with extra help. I changed states and had to start over. It takes several months once approved. So for several months I have to function with $100 less in my budget. So the cuts come in food and medication costs. Those are the only flexible areas. 

Today they took out $200. They said "back coverage." Gave me a few weeks notice. Have to live on $200 cuts this month. 

With any move, you have to weigh the good and bad. With the environment I was living in, no, existing in before, this is worth the change. I will live on ramen noodles, peanut butter sandwiches and whatever else I can. I will cut back on meds where I can until the coverage is cleared. 

I'm thankful to be where I am now. There are people here who have opened their arms and taken me in. I feel cared for and respected.

With a chronic, horrible disease like lupus, you need all the love and care you can get. Yes, it was worth every chance I took. I'll count pennies. I'll do the best I can. I'm alive again and thankful for every breath. 


No comments:

Post a Comment