Friday, November 2, 2012

Just When You Need It...

Seems like when something bad hits you from behind, something good always comes around the corner. Today was the good. I was wading through the junk mail and saw an envelope with the yellow "mail forward" sticker attached. Came from my old address. No return address on the outside. My address typed. My first thought was junk mail - trying to get me to borrow money for the holidays. Almost just tossed it aside. 

Being the curious person I am, I opened it, pulled it out, and saw the name on the enclosed card. At the top it read "Kevin Spacey." The card was a very nice hand written note from Kevin reminding me how he remembered the time we met many years ago at "The Iceman Cometh." He made my day

I must have read the card so many times the ink has faded. Somehow I hope he knows those little things make a huge difference in the life of someone who suffers so much physical pain. How I wish I knew something to do to make his world as bright as he made mine today! 

We all need to feel special. Today was my day. It was a rare occasion. Thank you, Kevin!
  

1 comment:

  1. That is so nice! I love how he takes the time to reply. So glad you had some sunshine today!
    love,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete