Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pain and Medications



A trip to the doctor today confirmed the facts that nothing else can be done to restore the feeling to my feet and legs. Neuropathy will continue to spread to the top of my thighs. The severe pain I have in my spine and back will continue to get worse. As it is now, I can only sit for short periods of time, lie down for short periods of time, rest a few hours at a time. The pain has become unbearable.
The damage is irreversible. The doctor put me on a new medication today to help me endure the pain in my spine and back. Neurotin. Unfortunately, the side affect is weight gain. Just add it to the other 90% of the meds I already take that has the same side affect.
Unfortunately, it is one more medication to pay for every month. But if this medication can ease the pain I suffer with every month, I want to give it a try. The pain has become so unbearable.
I pulled out the remaining funds I had after refilling all the other meds this month, paid off medical bills, etc., and used the rest to fill this prescription. The doctor said it would take awhile for me to adjust to it so tonight I'll try the first one.
If only there was a miracle pill that would take away all the pain! If only!

No comments:

Post a Comment