Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Timing is Everything

"Timing is everything."  This is my best friend's favorite saying. Today it held true and I thanked God for HIS most perfect timing.

Last week, I decided to push myself so that I could pick up some things at the grocery store I needed. I got up, took a shower, got dressed, and was so wiped out (thank you systemic lupus!) that I couldn't go passed the door. This is the story of my life thanks to years of damage due to this horrible disease plus others it has spawned.

So I put it off to the next day. It rained. My spine swelled so badly I could barely walk across the floor because of the pain. "Not today," I told myself. Packed my low spirits and tucked myself back in bed.

By this week I HAD to get Rascal some food. Sunday night I decided Monday would be the day I walked down to the Dollar Store to pick up enough food for him (and me) that I could carry home. It is quite a walk, especially for someone who can't feel anything past their knees and the pain in my spine is so bad I have to stop several times along the way.

Monday - it rained. ARRGGG! Pain put me back in bed after I endured the horrible cost of medication refills and attitude of the doctor's office when I rescheduled an appointment.

So Tuesday morning, I had no choice.

At 9:00 a.m, the phone rang. It was a lady from my Tuesday morning Bible study. She had an appointment in Nicholasville after lunch and wanted to know if I would have lunch with her and go shopping afterwards. GOD'S TIMING! I didn't have to walk all the way down town and carry back several bags. Instead He sent one of His children to provide a way for me, share a time of joy and fellowship with a good lunch, and took the worry off me to feed my cat for awhile. Since I didn't have to walk, I was able to pick up enough food that would last longer for him and for me.

When will I learn, Lord? Your timing really is everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment