Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter Flowers

Every year just before Easter and Thanksgiving, my best friend, Sandy, and I would always go to the graveyard to put out flowers. Helped me to "be" with my family since everyone from the Riley side is buried there. So are my dad and brother.

The act itself is healing for me. Just gives me time with them again. I also love that old cemetery on top of the hill in the country. So quiet you can actually hear the wind blowing through the trees. The first time I went to that cemetery was when my mother died. I was terrified of cemeteries before then. After losing so many people by the time I was 35, the fear was buried under the weight of grief.

Now the graveyard is a quiet soothing place. But since I've moved to KY, it is impossible for me to go there now. Sandy is keeping up the tradition of flowers. She put them out before Thanksgiving and again before Easter.

Many friends would never do what Sandy has done for me. I will be eternally grateful for what she has done and continues to do.

Here are the photos:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment