Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Remembering My Brother

My brother, Elbert Jr, would have been 65 yesterday, May 20th. He died from cancer when he was 46 yrs. old. I miss him terribly.

He will always be 46 yrs. old.

My mother was the first one to leave us. She died eight years before. My daddy died two years after him. I'll never understand why they were taken and I was left here alone.

My dear brother, I miss you the most. You were my defender, my encourager. You believed in me when no one else did.

If you are not close to your family, complaining about a sibling, always fighting with someone, just remember this: family will be there when all others walk away and they will. You always have a home, food on the table, and love in some form or another. When all of your family has gone, you can't get them back. People aren't as kind and compassionate as they use to be. They don't open their homes and welcome those who have no one into their families. Your name and status mean more in this world than compassion and love to one another. It is a different world now.

When you want to complain about your family, think twice. Be thankful for them. They won't always be there. Cherish every moment.

Longing for better days..........

No comments:

Post a Comment