Wednesday, June 19, 2013

30 Years?

It has been 30 years since I graduated from college. My reunion is this weekend beginning Friday. I live a few blocks from the college so I will be able to go unless the heat is too much for me to walk down. There are a couple of people coming I haven't seen in a while and I'm excited. Unfortunately, I will only be able to go to the free things. Won't be able to attend the Class dinner because of the cost. Won't be able to attend the campus picnic, etc. because of the cost. Just makes me sick to be in the position I'm in. Still have medications to fill and am already counting pennies until July 3rd.

This is the first time I can actually walk down to the college and enjoy a reunion and go home at the end of the day. I'm thankful.

---------------------------------------------------------

My friend, Julie, came over today and brought some homemade chicken salad, soup, and some chicken she just decided not to use. It was a welcome feast for me! We sat on the front porch and enjoyed each other's company. I am so thankful to not be stressed out as I was in Dothan. She told me about a friend of hers who lived in Alabama, but has returned to Wilmore. He said he purchased two dogs just to guard his wife when he was away on business because it was so unsafe. Sounds about right.

So thankful I can walk out the door and not feel unsafe. So thankful I can sit on the porch and be at peace. Now if I could get rid of the extreme stress of having to count every penny, worrying about whether to turn the air on because I cannot afford the electric bill next month, worrying about feeding my beloved cat, etc., etc, etc., a tremendous amount of stress would be gone from my life. I feel as though I'm standing at the top of the mountain and can see the green valley ahead, but just can't seem to find a way down. The "if onlys" keep getting in the way.

Until then, I'm pouring out the penny jar and counting up the change to make it to July 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment