Tuesday, July 2, 2013

LUPUS AND RAIN!

It has been a LONG June! Now one more day before I'll have funds in my bank account again. Sad to say, but it won't be long before they will be gone as well. Saturday is Wilmore's City-wide yard sale. I've been pulling out everything I don't use to put in the yard sale and praying I'll be able to make some extra money without being exposed to too much heat and sun and then finally ending up in the dreaded place I've managed to avoid since moving to Wilmore - the ER! Since I get the full morning sun, my friend, Julie brought over a small tent I can put up to hopefully give some shade. Praying for cloudy weather and cooler temps, but the 80's and above tend to be too much for me. If I didn't need the money so badly, I wouldn't take the chance. I do without a great deal, but my cat has to eat.

Rain has been strong and full in Wilmore this week. Since my system has been so weak from last week's throwing up episode number three and having a lupus flare behind it, the rain finished me off with attacking my joints. I can feel the inflammation and swelling before the clouds roll in. Yesterday I went to water aerobics. We had to wait fifteen minutes to make sure the thunder rolled over before getting into the pool. Never thought about the cold. Yep. Was freezing! I couldn't stay in because I feared it would push my flare over the edge. As soon as I crawled out, changed my clothes and waited, I felt the pain cut through my joints like a knife. It is so hard to describe what is going on in my body to people who don't experience this. All they have to do is flip a switch and turn on the heat half an hour before we are scheduled for class. I don't understand why the college doesn't do this. All goes back to people don't understand unless they live with it.

So tired from lupus fatigue tonight. Have so many other things to tag, but I just don't have the strength to do so. Thank goodness it is only Tuesday night. Haven't gone to bed at 8:00 p.m. on a Tuesday night in a long long time. Time to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment