Saturday, July 6, 2013

SATURDAY'S YARD SALE

It RAINED and RAINED! Still, I pulled out two card tables, borrowed from a friend, and set up my yard sale on the front porch, and put other items under the tent she set up in my driveway. Wilmore had their City-wide yard sale today. No matter how hard it rained, there were faithful souls who came out in the rain to shop. I sold a few things, but nothing like I hoped to sell. I don't have enough left to do another sell. What's left won't sell on ebay. Overall, I didn't make it close to $100. I'm still thankful for every nickel, dime and quarter I did make. It may have rained all day, but the temperatures were perfect. Was a super cool day. I was not exposed to sun! After we put my stuff back inside today, I crawled into bed and slept two hours. Now I can barely move.

Was it worth it? I'm not so sure. The pain is horrible. I'm swollen from head to toe. I am having a hard time breathing. There has to be a better way to make it to the end of the month, to choose between food or medications. I can't kill myself like this to make it to the end of the month.

Tonight is the Concert on the Green. Since we've had Noah's floods in Wilmore, it will be at the old Campgrounds Tabernacle. I promised my friend I would help her serve food since she's the food for the evening. Helped last night and went very smoothly. She's suppose to have extra set of hands tonight. Helps to get a free meal!

I can see what next week holds: bed rest. I'm sure Rascal will enjoy having the company again. He's stuck to me like glue every time I sat down this week. Poor baby! He will have a lot of company after tonight. I won't be able to move once I return home.

Hoping to find another answer to stretching the month besides a yard sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment