Wednesday, July 17, 2013

YIKES!

The heat index was 100 today. I felt it, too. People don't understand that even though I'm inside, the pressure of the heat and temps squeeze in hard! It hurts. We're blessed now with rain. Thank you God for rain! Even though the swing in the barometric pressure is wreaking havoc, it is cooling down the temps. 

On days like I this, I count down to Fall. Cooler temps, shorter days, fewer storms. I will be free of four walls and can go outside to walk and enjoy the fresh air again. Being trapped inside is horrible, but necessary during the summer, especially when you have a horrible disease like systemic lupus (plus other illnesses added on top). I'm so thankful I have a roof over my head. 

Life can be hard. I still count pennies by the middle of the month. Scares me to think of how I'll make it. But I have to stop and thank God for the peace in my life I have now that I did not have in Alabama. It is by far worth more than any riches anyone could gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment