Friday, October 25, 2013

Doctors' Appointments Coming Around the Bend


Time to get a catscan and x-ray of my thoracic aneurysm near my heart. Scan is set for Nov 26 at 9:30 a.m. See the doctor Dec. 3rd. When I called the first time, no one bothered to tell me my surgeon had moved to Boston! So now I see a new doctor - Dr. Appleby. When they do the scan this time, they will be looking for other aneurysms in my body.

Then off to a new rheumatologist on Dec. 31st. Hoping she works out to be a better fit.

I truly hate my thoracic surgeon moved. I really liked him. He took great care with me, thoroughly examined me, and listened. Would have been nice to know he had moved on!

I'm not feeling well today (again). It has been a week since I've seen another soul. When you're sick, you don't fall into the active friend stage. Seems people want to be friends if you have something to offer them. When you're sick, the only thing you have left is your heart. Not many people want that part.

It was a very restless night with pain surging through my back again. I'm not sure what is going on, but for weeks now my back has been in excruciating pain. I still believe it is the horrible mattress I sleep on. When I get up in the morning, I can barely move. If there is a solution I wish someone would help me find it.

It has been terribly cold the past few days. Saw a few snowflakes fall yesterday. The temps dove to 29 degrees last night. The cold will be gone soon and another warm up coming. Still, the cold will return by the end of next week and my body will bounce from one extreme to another. If it would stay one temp or another, that would be better for me.

With all the doctor's appointments coming up, I dread to see the cost of all the scans, bills, etc. As is I can make it month to month if I stretch my medications, cut cost with food, and pay for basic bills. How I'll make it over the next two months is beyond me. Prayer and hope.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment