Tuesday, October 22, 2013

IT'S 2:30 A.M.

It is 2:30 a.m. on a Tuesday morning. Rain is coming down in gentle flow. The air outside isn't too cold as I feed Buddy and Tom, both of whom are curled up in their own individual boxes on the covered front porch. The neighborhood stray, a black cat with one white toe, sits on the sidelines just waiting for Tom to stop yelling at him so that he, too, can partake of a few dry food pieces and be on his way. They simply don't like each other and make it known in a LOUD way when their paths are crossed. But I cannot chase away a hungry animal. So I sit on the porch as a block between the two until Tom eats and returns to his box once more. To me, animals are not only God's creation. They are God's gift to us. And the fact remains I would give food to a hungry human as much as I would an animal who shows up on my doorstep. I will not stand before God Almighty and answer for not feeding His creation when they came to my door. If people cannot understand this, I'm sorry for you. Will never turn away a hungry person or someone in need. I know how that feels. Will never turn away a hungry animal for I know how it feels to be thrown away and neglected.

Fact still remains, it is now 2:45 a.m. in Wilmore, KY and I haven't been to sleep yet. The pain is too immense. So it will be a day of (hopeful) rest. Sometimes I wish for a GOOD surprise in the mail (instead of junk and bills) or flowers to remind me my life still counts to someone. But the surprises do not come. The flowers, a mere wish, never show up. And the thought that my life still matters to someone else is a memory.

There is always HOPE.

So the rain is coming down in sheets now, heavy enough to soothe, but not heavy enough to storm. My eyes are so droopy. I can barely keep them open. How I pray sleep will find me soon and the pain will drift off to another world. My sleep is reserved for good dreams, pain free dreams, and hope. It is there I find solace and peace.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....time to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment