Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pay the Piper

Today I paid the piper for going out in the cold, rainy weather yesterday. The pain is intense. My joints are swollen. I am having a hard time standing. I've been in bed almost the whole day cuddled under an electric blanket. Pain patch on, medications taken, no relief. Sometimes I wish that I could unzip my body and crawl out! Even my hair hurts!

So do I give up opportunities to get out? Change of scenery for a few hours? No. I'd been sick last week, stuck inside, unable to function. As long as I plan ahead at least a day before and rest, I can go out. Unlike most people, lupus sufferers have to take each day as it comes. We have to plan ahead. Rest before events even though it may mean a day or two ahead of the event.

But I always "Pay the piper" as the saying goes. In bed for several days after doing anything. And even though I love cold weather, it doesn't like me. The pain is unbearable at times.

But I won't give up. Do what I can when I can and keep hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment