Saturday, October 19, 2013

Woo Hoo! Gonna Be A Cold Winter

I was told today that it might snow mid week. Woo hoo! And in October! LOVE these cold temperatures.

Today it was quite rainy. A friend and I went to the Homeless' Council Arts and Crafts in Lexington. Rain was coming down and yes it was cold. But I think about the people who were there - they live in the weather no matter what the temp, rain or shine. So many of us are just one pay check away from homelessness. So many of us suffering. But we have to be thankful for the most precious of needs met every day. I am so thankful for a roof over my head, food on my table, and a warm bed to sleep in (no matter how bad the mattress is!).  Don't let life get so busy for you that you fail to thank God for these blessings.

Sat in a neighbor's glider rocker this evening. LOVE love love these rockers! Give such wonderful back support. Wish I had enough money to buy one for myself, but I have to guard every dime, especially since my medications are so expensive. Last night when I lay down to sleep, my back was in excruciating pain. I couldn't find a position to rest. I couldn't get up. It was an hour before I could stop crying from the pain. Pain patches on my back, but still in such pain.

One day I'll be able to get a glider rocker, after the need of a new washing machine, a replaced mattress, etc. When someone asks me what I want, I cannot answer because it has been so long since I've been able to get someone I want. Too many needs ahead of the list.

So it is bedtime and I dread crawling into that beat up mattress, facing the pain ahead, but I am thankful to have a mattress to lie down on.

No comments:

Post a Comment