Sunday, November 3, 2013

Oh The Joys of Waking Up!

I finally fell asleep this morning at 9:00 a.m. When I awoke, I had a sinus infection. Oh the joys of waking up SICK! No clue where this one came from. 

The weather here has been going up and down and with it comes a body full of extreme pain. Even turned on the heat, but this place is really cold. The cold doesn't help with my swollen, painful joints. 

So many times I wish I had a house again, one with a fireplace. I'd be just as happy with an all electric place to live. Gas heat doesn't do it. Wishing it was closer to the grocery store and the college. So many things I miss out on because of location and illness. 

On the tail end of a lupus flare and pushed myself out the door this past week. Looks like it was far too soon. I'm back to being so sick that I cannot sleep at night (another joy of lupus - insomnia). Still have almost eight weeks before seeing a new rheumatologist. 

Yesterday it hailed for awhile. White little ice pellets falling from the sky! Simply amazing since most of the day was bright and sunny. Rain was quite heavy Halloween night. They postponed trick or treating until Friday night. I don't get trick or treaters at my door, so this year I didn't bother buying candy. 

Looking forward to the first snowfall. We had some flakes last month, but didn't stick. Hoping this Christmas we will see white landscape. 

Sorry this is so "rambling" in context. It has been so hard to concentrate this flare go round. Just taking it one day at a time. 

Dreading the holidays. Looks like I'll be spending Christmas alone for sure. At least I have plenty of time to adjust my thinking (i.e. accept it). Being alone at Christmas is the worse feeling in the world. It magnifies the loss of my family so much. Who wants to be alone? I know I don't, but sometimes you just have to accept it and go on. Doesn't help that they are showing Christmas movies this early!

Time for more sinus medication. I think it is also time to put on a coat. Just too cold in here! Even Rascal is sleeping as close to me as he can because he's shivering. I think he needs one of those round cat beds, but since I cannot afford it, we'll have to do the best we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment