Friday, December 20, 2013

OUCH!!

OUCH! The rain has come in and the temps are yo-yoing again. It feels as though someone is taking a 2x4 and beating me from the inside out. I cannot function when the temps do this, when the rain sets in. Bed rest again. The days run together so much so I have to look at the calendar to know what day it is.

So easy for days to run together when you're sick and alone. Sad, too, when the mail comes and leaves nothing in your box. Very few Christmas cards this year. Must be the economy.

I remember those who are alone because their family has passed on, they have no children, or they've reached the age where it is easy to fall between the cracks. I fall into the "no family" category and there are many days I feel invisible. Many days I wonder how God could possibly use a broken bodied person like me. It makes my heart heavy.

Lupus, along with all the other illnesses that have spawned over the years, has really taken its toll on my body, mind and soul. When you're in a position like this, you rely on God more. I am so thankful to be in His loving arms.

Please think of those alone at Christmas. Don't just think, do something for them. If you look around, you'll see there are many in your own neighborhood. Remember that a smile and a hug cost nothing but love.

No comments:

Post a Comment