Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Snow Beautiful SNOW!

Every year I ask God for one thing on my birthday: SNOW! Never get it. Yesterday we had a heat wave - it was 48. But when I woke up this morning, there was tons of glorious snow on the ground and still falling from the sky! SO beautiful! So clean and pristine! The wind is blowing and the snow is being tossed to and fro outside . Makes it look like a blizzard! Oh glorious snow!

My best friend in all the world is here for a week. Yesterday we went to Wallace Station for lunch with Julie and Chris. Nice treat and nice place. Later Sandy and I stopped at Appleby's for a light dinner and stocked up on groceries at Walmart before the storm set in.

This morning we awoke to a beautiful three inches of snow. BEAUTIFUL snow! It snowed most of the day. COLD COLD COLD! We wandered into Lexington, ate lunch at Ramsey's and then went to the Lexington Library on E. Main to browse the bookstore downstairs. Was a nice, COLD, busy day.

We're in for another bitter cold week. The snow will stick around for awhile. I stuck a ruler in the yard before we left. Measured three inches. Should have seen the snow drifts along the road.



 

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are having a good visit with Sandy. Your pictures are nice. How did u take them? I thought your camera broke. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did break. Sandy gave me a new one for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete