Thursday, January 30, 2014

YIKES!!!

Opened my electric bill today. It went from $30 to $100! I'm so shocked because I have gas heat, not electric! I cannot begin to imagine what the gas bill will be! I can't afford to be warm. Looks like this girl will be turning back the heat and wrapping up in blankets again. With such a small income, rent, utilities (electric, gas, water, sewer, trash pickup), come first and then medication refills, and whatever is left goes to food. When you start with little amount of money to begin with, that doesn't help at all!!

What amazes me is I sit in the dark and watch tv. I microwave instead of use the stove. So where did the electricity spike come from?! It has to be paid so the money will come from food and whatever meds I can cut in half in February.

I'm thankful to have a roof over my head and clothes to keep me protected. I'm thankful for warm blankets to curl up under. I'm thankful it will be warming up for a few days. I'm thankful for candles- candlelight is beautiful and economical!

I'm not the only person in this boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment