Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Painful Weekend

It has been a very painful weekend. Another attack to my abdomen with swelling, fevers and extensive pain. Not sure why this keeps happening, but wish a doctor would listen and search for the answer. When I went to my rheumatologist appointment a few weeks ago, I was having the same attack. I was suffering when I walked into the room, told her what was going on, and she did nothing. How I had hoped she would be different. My thoughts are this: if you don't know, send me to someone who might be able to figure it out. I've had this happen over the years and not one doctor checked it out. I had one doctor who asked me what I thought she should do. Ridiculous! I've ended up in the ER because of these attacks. They just gave me pain medication and fluids. Why bother going back? If it doesn't show up in a blood test, doctors don't go any further. Geesh!

It feels as though someone has kicked me in the stomach. Of course, I don't know personally how that feels, but it must feel similar. Pain radiates throughout my body. If anyone who reads this has experienced the same thing, please let me know.

For now I have to wait for whatever this is to move through my system. Just hard to endure yet again.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds a lot like pancreatitis. Have they ever done blood work to see about levels for that? If not next time you have it and you can get to the doctor or ER make them check. Is it worse with eating? I hope you are doing better now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete