Monday, March 3, 2014

LUPUS ATTACK AND WINTER BLAST

We've had it all: rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow. Five inches of snow on top of 1/4 inch of ice. The temp is suppose to plummet to 2 degrees tonight with a much colder wind chill. With the weather taking such a nose dive, it has sent me reeling into another lupus flare. Rain does it every time!

Since I could not sleep last night, I stayed up and watched "The Oscars." Of course, when Kevin Spacey is presenting, I'm watching in support. Was worth it! :)

But now the pain and suffering has set in once again. Swollen joints, high fevers, etc. have caused me to be bed bound. The only thing I did today was take the trash to the end of the road for Tuesday pickup. It was a "slip sliding away" experience on the ice. Just thankful I didn't fall this time.

The worst part about being sick is being alone. No one to talk to, no one to get you something to drink if you need it, feed the cats, holding onto the wall as I go. Doesn't help my spirit to be alone and sick. Never in a million years did I think I would be in this position at this point of my life. I live in a Christian community, but rarely see the love and compassion being "Christ-like" brings.

Wanted to share my snow photos. Took them from the front door.




                                           Last photo: you can't see the road

No comments:

Post a Comment