Friday, April 18, 2014

DOCTOR'S VISIT RENDERED A SURPRISE

Yesterday I had my four month doctor's visit in Wilmore. During the exam, the doctor found a lump in my neck. I thought I felt something a couple of months ago, but ignored it. There are far too many other things to worry about with my health.

He was concerned about this lump. It is approximately the size of a ping pong ball now and is bothering me. He said it could be a goiter since I have had thyroid problems since I was 16 yrs old, but he didn't want to take any chances.

I have an echo  Tuesday morning. He said we'd go from there. If it is a mass, well, we'll take it a step at a time. If it is a goiter, I go to an endocrinologist. I've been on thyroid medication for 37 years. However, the past six months or more, my hair has been falling out, my skin is super dry and my nails are peeling. I'm also so exhausted that I can function two hours before having to give up.

He asked me if I was experiencing hair loss. I told him yes. Funny thing is I've been telling him this for six months, but yesterday he heard me. Amazing how doctors are.

I can worry about it or look at it as a new adventure set to teach me about my hypothyroid disease. I'm not worried. I worry about money, financial struggles, wondering how much longer I can function on my own, etc., but a lump? Nope. Whatever comes with this lump, I'll take it a day at a time.

Life is filled with surprises. Some good, some bad. Endure the bad and become stronger. Enjoy the good while it lasts. Thank God for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment