Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I Tried!

I had planned to go back to Bible study this morning, but as soon as I arose, the pain was horrendous! After a night of nightmares, I struggled just to pull myself up to my feet and walk across the floor. The severe pain in my back and joints controlled my day. I haven't been able to go to Bible study for weeks. Weather once again!

Spent this afternoon digging through old belongings to try to sell on ebay. After this month's gas heating bill and high electric bill (yes it was cold in KY in March), and the high cost of refilling medications, I'm down to counting change for food for the rest of the month. Sad when you have to choose: utilities, food or medications. Unfortunately, I cannot stretch the meds another month. Thus the severe flares! What do you do when you cannot do without any of the above?

Rain is returning tonight and cold temps still loom in KY. Since it is colder in my apartment than outside, by about ten degrees, I've spent the day underneath the electric blanket. So has Rascal. After looking at the weather forecast for the next eight days, it appears to be warmer until first of next week. Then the cold returns (freezing at night).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I've learned something new today. You find time to do what you want to do. No matter what your schedule, you find the time somewhere to do what you want. When you tell someone your schedule is tight and you can't come by, is it really true that you never wanted to do it in the first place? For whatever reason, we tend to tell people we just don't have the time. Yet time is all we have. 

Don't turn away from an opportunity to spend time with someone. You never know if you are the only person they may see that day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment