Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Scan Day - UPDated

Out the door for my scan. Not sure what it will show, but the lump is larger today. 

UPDATE: still waiting to hear results. Always a waiting game.

The woman who did my ultra sound said it looked like whatever this is is in the lymph nodes. She did a full scan of my thyroid and I had to show her where the lump was located. She stopped a couple of times and asked, "You have never had your thyroid scanned before??" Made me a little jumpy.

I've been hypothyroid since I was 16 yrs. old and taking medication for it. She said she scanned a lady before me who has been on the medication for a long time and hardly had a thyroid to scan. Said the medication did that much damage. I hate hearing stories like that. 

It all comes down to who reads the test and how much time he/she takes to really look at it. I won't worry about this. Just hope I don't have to chase down the results again. 

I've been sick since last Friday. Was in bed on Easter Sunday. My kind next door neighbors invited me to lunch, but I was too sick to get out of bed. So they brought me a plate of food. SO thankful! 

Tomorrow is my rheumatologist appointment and I still don't know what I think about her or her office. They don't keep up refills when requests are sent. I had to ask for the paperwork for the lupus medication. After gathering all of the info for it, I realized it required a prescription before mailing. So here I sit with the paperwork done and no prescription. I'll get it tomorrow. Three months wasted. 

If you ever have to deal with the medical field, you'll find yourself doing more of the work. You have to follow through, check on your prescriptions, make sure you have everything you need, etc. When I joked about being a "professional patient" due to my multiple illnesses, looks like I wasn't joking. 

So I'm waiting and will update here.

No comments:

Post a Comment