Sunday, June 1, 2014

Lupus: Pay when You Play!

Watched the steam train come by yesterday. Afterwards went to an 1800's demonstration. Today I can barely move. Sun exposure set in far too quickly this time.

Rule number 1 of living with lupus: NO Sun exposure!

You'd think after 18 years of suffering from this horrible disease I'd learn this one! Nope!

Am I glad I went? Yes. Would I do it again? Yes. Sometimes you just have to take a chance and hope for the best. Problem is I always pay for it physically when I do.

Today I spent the entire day in bed sick. My friend called at 1:00 and I could barely speak. When you play you pay with lupus!

It wouldn't matter if I took a bath in sunscreen, the exposure to the light and heat is enough to do me in. I'm still recovering from vasculitis, too. Fevers have been awful today. Itching has returned.

The heat and humidity are gearing up in Wilmore. I have to be more careful.

Note to Self: even though I have to stay inside more, there is no reason I cannot enjoy myself. Sure beats ending up in the ER or the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment