Wednesday, June 25, 2014

OK, Here We Go Again!

So I was approved for a grant for $15,000 to get a medication I desperately need, Benlysta, which costs $28,000. What do I do now?

I decided to call my doctor's office and let THEM do the rest. After all, I'm the patient and I don't know what the next step is. I dumped it all in the doctor's nurse's lap. She will call them, find out what goes next and set up treatments.

I should hear back from her on Monday when to arrive for the first infusion IF all the financial stuff is covered. Otherwise we're back to square one.

What I don't understand is how and why people who walk across the border illegally and stay here illegally immediately get all the care they need handed to them and an American citizen like myself has to fight and struggle just to get the medication I desperately need to stay alive. Why is that?

I've been trying to get this medication since February. With all the bumbling from the doctor's office, trying to pay for the medication itself, etc., it is now July and I still haven't started the first treatment. There is no excuse for this!

I actually feel good by calling the doctor's office and giving it to them to deal with! A weight lifted for a little while.

Now if I could only find a way to lift the weight off from struggling just to buy groceries, pay for medication refills so that I don't have to cut my meds in half, and juggling the stress that all of this causes thus sending me into countless lupus flares! There has to be an end to this crazy roller coaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment