Friday, February 13, 2015

One of those Days!!

Today I woke up with no heat! The system just wouldn't turn on. The house was more like a freezer than normal. I called my landlord and she brought over a wonderful heater and called the repair man. The heater is so wonderful that I wish I had one! But it costs over $300. The positive thing is it only runs for $1 a day and boy does it warm up this freezer! This is the first time I've been able to sit in my living room and not wear gloves! Amazing heater. I highly recommend it.

 The brand is EdenPURE. This is a listing for this item:

http://www.amazon.com/EdenPURE-Model-Portable-Electric-Heater/dp/B005PYUMLS/ref=sr_1_2/178-0981151-9720458?ie=UTF8&qid=1423874572&sr=8-2&keywords=edenpure+heater

Early afternoon the repair man came. He said the (gas) furnace was in for quite a cleaning. It appeared to never have been cleaned before. The dust and gunk was preventing it from firing up and turning on. Nice man even did a carbon monoxide test on my place. He said having a detector is a must for anyone with gas heat. I'll have to add it to the list.

He also informed me with block walls it would always feel like a freezer in here when the heat turns off. Odd timing since my pulmonologist said I should avoid cold air as much as possible because of the damage lupus has done to my lungs. Great suggestion, just not possible since I live in a freezer during the winter.

I am so thankful for the "borrowed heater" and the repaired furnace. I can only keep the heater until Monday, but I now know there is a heater out there that actually warms this place. Just hate that it is out of my financial reach.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment