Thursday, February 19, 2015


I've reached my limit! My pain medication bottle said to refill after Feb. 4. So I called in the refill and received a confirmation number that it went through. TWO WEEKS LATER,  I receive a letter stating they could not refill because it was too soon. Refill after 2/26. So that makes weeks I've gone without my medication.

I call them. First person put me on hold and left. Second did nothing but say, "It was too soon to refill." How do you make these idiots understand how dangerous it is to go without medication for weeks?! You can't! It isn't the first time something like this has happened with them. The last time I mailed in a prescription and got a letter stating "we can't tell if this is a real prescription." Are you kidding me???!!! No phone call. Nothing. So I had to call my doctor's office and tell them to call in the prescription. Two more weeks of waiting. The next prescription problem occurred when they called me after the "change over" date and said they could no longer refill my cholesterol medication, that I would have to select another. I've been on that medication for ten years. It works. So they decide not to allow me to get it anymore. It controls cholesterol due to lupus complications. I take it because of the aortic thoracic aneurysm.

If you need prescription insurance, do NOT use Cigna Healthspring. EVER. IMPOSSIBLE customer service.

So I called my doctor's office. Explained the situation and told them I think the doctor didn't do the prescription total correctly. I've been taking this medication for years at same refill amount. Two in the am and two in the pm. She called in three month's supply. Called in 180 pills. Should have been 360. Lucky for me, if you call it lucky, I didn't take four a day for awhile.

It was determined she messed up the prescription. I told them I haven't had the medication for two weeks. Call me crazy, but I know how dangerous it is to stop a medication suddenly. I've been sick for over a week and know it stems from this. This office has always been a "Laurel and Hardy" experience. I had to find funding/partial funding for the Benlysta on my own after they gave me the wrong form to send in. I have to make sure my appointments were entered in the computer or I'll show up with no appointment. They have taken me off one med and put me on the other and made me sicker from it. I've been living with systemic lupus for twenty years now. I know what works and what doesn't. I know there is no cure. I know how to take medications. I know what I should and should not do.

I need a doctor to monitor the disease, not make it worse. Until I moved to KY, I never had the problem of medication, appointments, etc. What is going on here?!

I told the office person I would have to go without the medication for more than another week and something needed to be done. I get, "I'll ask her and see what she says." That's it?! Call in a few meds to get me through for heaven's sake!

So now I have to call back tomorrow to make sure something was done.

All of this during the coldest time of the year. The pain is unbearable already and now I'm without medication for it. It is -15 degrees with wind chill.

Still having problems with my lungs. Solution? They want to do a heart cath. I don't understand why. I just want to give up! I am stressed beyond belief!!!

Sometimes I think I would be better off to stop the meds, stop the doctors and just let go.

And by the way, I couldn't scream to the top of my lungs if I wanted to. They hurt too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment