Monday, March 9, 2015

Another Test Day

Tuesday is stress test day. Have to be at the hospital by 9:00 a.m. Since I have problems walking (neuropathy/nerve damage in both legs and feet), they will do a chemical stress test. I've had one many years ago and hoped I'd never have to have another one. But the cardiologist wants to see if there is any damage on the left side of my heart. She doesn't want to do a heart cath on BOTH sides if she doesn't have to do so. Right side is a given. After this test, we will know if she will do both sides at once.


I have never been a fan of medical tests. They scare me. You never know what kind of reaction you'll have until it is all over. As for myself, I'll have to deal with the side affects alone. No one checks on me. I have no choice but to be strong and deal with all of it.


Thankful the sun has come out and melted most of the snow. However, rain is coming in tomorrow. With the rain comes the pain and sometimes lupus flares. Add to this the chemical stress test. Oh I am so ready to be done with all of this.


Doctors don't have a clue as to how hard it is to travel back and forth to appointments, tests, etc. They don't experience it. Just wish sometimes they could put them all on one day instead of having to go back and forth.


This weekend I read an obituary of a lady who was well known in my hometown. She suffered from MS for years. She was a teacher, a writer, a wonderful lady. In her obit they said this, " As a courageous fighter of a crippling disease, Dianne was known by her friends and family as one of dignity, grace, and southern charm."


She was indeed a lady of dignity, grace and southern charm. I can only hope to be described so lovingly.


She reminded me to keep fighting no matter how hard it is to deal with a crippling disease.



No comments:

Post a Comment