Sunday, April 26, 2015

Rainy Weekend

It has been a crazy rainy weekend here in Wilmore. At least Saturday was. But it was nothing like my former town, Dothan, AL. Tornadoes, storm damage, high winds, tons of rain. Someone caught a great video: 

http://www.dothanfirst.com/story/d/story/must-see-video-of-severe-weather-moving-through-do/36141/BEv2Dp1xOEmDn6hCrSLQBA

I love to listen to the rain. But over the years the pain is so hard to deal when the weather changes. Rain and cold together are unbearable. Watching the video of rain is the closest thing I come to enjoying it now.

We're still in the 60's here and 30's/40's at night. Hard to believe it is the end of April. I think the temperatures kept my tulips from coming up this year. I sure did miss them.

Weather is suppose to warm up by the end of the week -  into 70's. I haven't been physically able to clean my place for months and it needs it so desperately. This weather has been so rough on me and if I had the money today, I'd move back to AL tomorrow. I just can't physically handle it anymore. It hurts too much. How I pray for a miracle!

Poor Rascal! Wants some Temptations Mixups Surfer's Delights treats so badly. But I won't be able to buy anything until May 3rd. It hurts not to be able to give him what he wants. With groceries so low in my fridge and pantry, no money in the bank because medications were so expensive this month, and even if I did have money, I can't walk to the store to buy them. I've been terribly sick for three weeks and haven't been past the driveway (and then only to take out the trash). All the kitties' tastes have changed. Now they want Friskies Seafood Sensations in the blue bag. I can do without for myself, but I hate to make my furry friends do without, too. It has just been a long month. How do you explain to someone having to make a choice between food or medication if they have never been in this situation?

Here's hoping this week holds open doors, surprise miracles, and needs being met.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment