Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Back To Pain and Suffering

If you've ever had a toothache, you know how bad it feels. Magnify it 100 times and you will know how bad mine feels right now! The infection has returned and moved into the upper jaw and back into my right ear. Unlike many people, I don't have insurance coverage to see a dentist. So I suffer. I bathe my mouth in Anbesol and suck on ice (both of which numbs the pain for awhile). But the infection remains.

I've been obsessive with caring for my teeth, but lupus also damages the mouth as well as other areas of the body. It along with the medications involved in treating the disease also dry out and decay the teeth causing more dental issues and diseases.

I'm suffering. I'm so tired of suffering. I can barely walk across the floor, sit on the shower chair to take a bath, do simple things anymore. I found out getting assistance for someone coming in to help is out of the question unless I pay $157 a month for it. Of course that is out of the question when it takes every penny just to get through the month. I explained to the lady on the other end of the phone I had this service in Alabama when my health plummeted as badly as it has now and never had to pay for it. She said it was just a difference in the two states.

I was a fool to move to KY. I would give anything to go back home where I could be cared for again without a huge weight of stress bearing down on my body and mind 24/7. Live and learn.

I've always been a top notch student of the school of hard knocks. I've learned the hard way. Problem is learning now does me no good without a solution.

So my heart, mind and soul turns to God in prayer for He has always cared for me when people have not. Please, Lord, open doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment