Saturday, May 16, 2015

Crazy Week

Had a doctor's appointment this week. My blood pressure was so high, they wouldn't let me go home for awhile. Odd occurrence for me. It is usually 120/80 - the one thing that works! At the appointment, it was 190 over something. I knew I felt bad that day, drained, dizzy, etc., but just got up and pushed myself on. I had three choices: stay at the office, go to the hospital or go home and crawl into bed. I chose home to bed.

Suffering from Systemic lupus does not mean I will die from it. Death comes from heart attacks, strokes, kidney failure. One thing my former rheumatologist told me was to keep my stress level low and watch my blood pressure. Having an aortic thoracic aneurysm sitting next to my heart is another reason to keep it low. Sometimes stress happens. Sometimes blood pressure just soars.

Add to the stress when someone on facebook stole my page or copied it and started one under my name. I was bombarded with emails and posts telling me to change my password. I did and also turned in the fake person. The page disappeared, but not until damage was done to my friend's list. My blood pressure was soaring.

One good thing came out of that experience. An old friend from high school called me later that night. I hadn't talked to him in many years. He was concerned about what happened on facebook and wanted to let me know in case someone else had not. We talked for awhile and I was thankful he had my back. We talked about many things including my illness. When he said he was sorry, I merely told him doctors said I would live ten years and it has been twenty. He said, "That's not much to celebrate when you're suffering." He had a point. My daddy always said "better than the alternative." Sometimes I wonder.

I'm still feeling stressed. Still dizzy and drained. Like I've said many times before, just take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment