Thursday, June 4, 2015

No Wonder!

Today a facebook friend posted a comment about suicide and the rest of her friends said they believed suicide increased because of the way parents always reward their children if they succeed or not.

I personally think it is because people don't care about each other anymore. No one wants to sit and listen to you when you're hurting. Yet they are so eager to talk your ear off about their lives and what they did this week. They also offer unsolicited advice. Personally if I want advice, I'll ask for it. Otherwise don't tell me what to do. I'm 54 years old and I didn't reach this age by not making my own decisions.

Most people just tell others to go to a counselor. I know someone who makes a bee line to a counselor every time she/he has a minor problem and can't handle it. Keeps them in money.

Funny thing is Jesus never said, "Get thee to a counselor!" He said to love one another and I believe that means to care enough to listen, to show compassion, to do something to make a difference in someone's life who is hurting. It is so easy to balance on that suicide line when you're alone and feel like no one cares about you.

No wonder the suicide rate has increased over the years. People have no one to go to unless they can dish out money to a counselor. What has happened to this world?!

I personally believe it is a greater sin to know there is a need and do nothing about it. That includes loving someone who is hurting. This past weekend I had a dear friend love and care about me. She was worried because I had very little food in my apartment to get me through to the 3rd. She did something about it and it made all the difference in the world. Not only did it fill a need, but it reminded me there is one person on this earth who thinks I'm worth it, that I have value of some kind. She still believes in the good in people. I've had to wrap a wall around me where people are concerned. It beats getting bullied, belittled, and ignored. She has hope and I experience disappointment. I'm glad she's not like other people.

We all need to feel loved. Some of us don't have daily encouragement and love. Tomorrow go out and listen instead of talk, love instead of avoid, and make a difference in one life. You may be the only one who does so in that person's life

No comments:

Post a Comment