Friday, June 12, 2015

The Heat Is Back!

To say the least, it is NOT cold in Wilmore, KY! The heat has returned full force. Of course, the wave of heat is coming from the deep south so I shouldn't be too surprised.

I always said I liked Winter best because you can always put on more clothing to get warm, but you can't do much to stop sweating. Here Winter and Summer run neck in neck as far as suffering goes. It is too cold to function in my block wall apartment during the winter and too hot to do much else when the heat sets in. I don't know if block walls hold in the heat and the cold, but these walls seem to do so.

I knew when the heat increased and the humidity started to rise I'd be back to fighting flares. This has been a week of miserable flares with fevers, fatigue and depression combating each other. Doesn't look like the heat is going to let up any time soon.

City-wide yard sale is next weekend and I'm hoping I can physically participate. There are boxes in my living room with stuff ready to be tagged. The closer it gets, the more I'll know.

I'm running on empty this week.

For those who suffer from this horrible disease or care for someone who does, here's a new link for you:

http://www.lupus.org/pages/unveil-survey


No comments:

Post a Comment