Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A Sore Recovery!

As I stepped out of the shower on Saturday, I fell hitting myself in the head and falling onto the toilet. Broke the arms that hold the seat on. Bruises galore. Just loss my balance and my knees buckled.

It is hard to maneuver when you have permanent nerve damage in both feet and legs due to systemic lupus. Do you know how it feels when your feet "go to sleep"? That's how my legs feel from the knees down all of the time. Imagine having to stand sturdy or walk across a room on legs like those!

So at times I lose my balance and hit the floor. I learned how to change a toilet seat from this experience. There was no one else around to do it.

Another thing about dealing with chronic illness(es) is having to do it all by yourself. No one to do little things for you. No one to call for help when you can't get up from a fall. Instead you just keep on trying to get up even if it takes an hour.

It has been difficult to pull myself up from a lying down position.

If I ever gave up, I'd die on the floor. I guess I won't give up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment