Sunday, July 12, 2015

About Systemic Lupus

For those who do not know what systemic lupus is, here is a link:

http://www.systemiclupus.com/category/systemic-lupus/


There is no cure. Life expectancy depends on the flares and damage from them. Living with this horrible disease is hard.

I've passed the twenty year mark now. My doctor said I would live ten years. God had other ideas. I've learned one great and important lesson from this disease:

You're not going anywhere until it comes your time. So why worry? Take one day at a time and enjoy God's great love. It comes in many forms.

When you're sick people treat you differently. Whether they want to or not, their reactions come in all shapes and sizes. I've had Christians tell me I didn't have enough faith or God would heal me. Wrong! But at the time the negative comments were and are made, I can do nothing but stand in shock at such things. Looking back I have found people who feel sorry for you, People who don't want to be around you (Some think it is contagious - wrong again!). People blame you for causing the illness (yet again, wrong!)

What most people don't stop and think clearly about is they, too, will face some sort of illness in their lifetime. If God healed everyone, no one would die.

I can no longer feel anything from my knees down. When I walk, I walk with a cane. Damage has been done to the nerves in my limbs, lungs, eyes, and brain. I carry an aortic thoracic aneurysm on the lower part of my chest just below my heart. Doctors won't do surgery because of the lupus. It is continually growing to the point where it will tear and death is imminent. A ticking time bomb in my chest. It took awhile to accept the loss of my health, but I refuse to give up.

When I leave this earth I pray God has used this broken vessel for the good of someone else. Every life touches another whether we want it to or not. I hope mine brings goodness and compassion.

Keep going. When you open your eyes in the morning, remember God isn't finished with you yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment