Sunday, July 12, 2015

Joy in Unexpected Places

Today I awoke to find several requests on Facebook. They all came from former students of mine. I cannot begin to tell you how much joy that brought to my life! They were my first Senior Class. I was only twelve years older than them. And the truth is they taught me so much about life.

Recently I have struggled with sad thoughts. I wished I had never been born. I felt like a waste of space. I wonder why God put me on this earth. It is hard to deal with chronic illness, treatments, loss of health, and do it all alone. Sometimes it seeps into your mind and soul wreaking havoc.

Then God sent me a reminder that my life did make a difference when I was a teacher. Thank you, Lord, for joyful reminders and love in unexpected places.

The school closed its door this summer due to financial problems. A school is made of people and memories. I hope they hold to those thoughts.

They were the class of 1991. They have all grown up now with families of their own. I just hope somehow my life touched them in a good and positive way.




No comments:

Post a Comment