Monday, August 17, 2015

Summer is Still Here

Yes, it is still summer! I've never been a fan of heat and humidity even though I grew up in Southeast Alabama. With a chronic illness, heat and humidity are unbearable! Weather goes up and down with barometric pressure going up and down. Feels like I'm being squeezed in a vice! My right foot was so swollen last night I could almost feel the bone inside of it breaking (felt like it was breaking). Pain in my left shoulder, down the back of my neck, swelling all over my body. Oh gosh has it been a miserable summer for me!

I keep my eye on the calendar. Fall is coming. Humidity will lessen. Temperatures will drop. I look forward to the day I can put my electric mattress pad and electric blanket on the bed at the same time. It makes sense that heat helps relieve the pain, but in the summer you can't stand the heat. I've kicked my sheet off too many times at night from sweating.

It has been a blah day here. Rain is trying to set in and it has been uncomfortable. So has trying to sleep. Just wish I were normal and could sleep every night the entire night through. But I can't seem to do it. This morning I woke up at 3:30 a.m., fed Buddy outside and went back to bed. It was 10:00 a.m. before I fell asleep again only to sleep for an hour. It adds up over time. With a chronic illness like lupus, you're suppose to get at least 8-10 hours of sleep a night just to function at all. No wonder I've been so sick this summer.

Winter predictions are the same as last year - heavy snow and cold cold cold! I developed a lung problem last winter and suffered greatly from the cold. I don't think my poor body can go through another winter like this in KY. Can't breathe. Can't get out of bed. Can't do normal every day things. I have to find a way to get back to S.E. Alabama and a place to call home again. The cold is killing me, literally.

I'm getting ahead of myself again. One day at a time. One day at a time. Worrying about tomorrow will not help today.

When the cold nights set in late September, I'll put the mattress pad and electric blanket on the bed. My kitties will curl up at the foot and we will do the best we can. I look forward to turning off the fan and curling up in comfort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment