Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Random Thought

I hope it won't become a random thought to those who read it. I saw this quote the other day, "A friend to all is not a friend to one." I know several people who seem to believe the more friends they have, the better they are. A friend to all is not a friend to one. If you spread yourself thin, hit the high points with people in your life, what good is it? Wouldn't it be better to be a true friend to one?

I lost several friends when I was diagnosed with systemic lupus. As my health condition worsened, I lost more. I learned that if you're not usable by the church, no one reaches out to you (personal experience). I learned that people don't reach past their own family most of the time. What happens to those of us who have no one?

Heaven forbid I am not a friend to one. Forgive me if I ever use someone because I don't want to be alone. Life is hard enough.

If I leave this life knowing I had one true friend instead of a crowd posing as friends, I'll be a rich person.

Sometimes finding yourself in these positions teach you how to be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment