Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Fall Weather

Today is the first day of Fall. Still feels like summer. Will be so glad to feel a cooler flow of air come in. There is hope! 

I don't know if it is the subtle change in weather or just another flare, but I'm so wiped out these days. Feel like a wrung out rag. Extreme fatigue is part of suffering from systemic lupus and I've had my share of days with no strength to function. This week is another one with no strength. 


With sleep it is feast or famine. I've had more days with insomnia, too. But the past couple of nights I've been blessed with sound sleep. I'm so thankful for those nights. 

I tend to wake up at 3:00 a.m. It is then I go outside and feed Buddy, my porch kitty. He's always on the porch waiting. Early Tuesday morning I followed the same routine. But this time when I walked outside I witnessed screams in the building next door. Shortly thereafter a vehicle tore out of the drive and flew down the street. About ten minutes later there were several police walking up to the doorstep of the apartment. Funny thing was they parked at the end of the block and walked. Then an ambulance parked behind them and wheeled a gurney down the street. Is this a new way to protect them? Was the issue that serious? 

I kept telling myself, "Okay. This is Wilmore. Things like this don't happen here." 

About an hour later, they were all gone and life settled down again. Sweet little Buddy never moved. He felt safe where he was. 

And unless someone reports incidents in the paper or news, I'll never find out what happened. Nothing reported. Just enough to raise your blood pressure! My stress level peaked and wiped me out. 

How I want to accomplish something this week. Whether to clean a room or sort out old boxes, I wish I could accomplish something. 

I'm still without a rheumatologist and for now I've decided to not replace her. I've just had enough with poor health care and bad doctors. I need a break. If that means I can't get my medications, so be it. 

It is the end of the month and I'm stretching pennies again just to make it. Found out today Social Security will not be giving any kind of COLA raise. Even though the cost of living has soared, we'll have to make it on the pennies we get. Everything has gone up including my medication. I'll be back to choosing meds or food once again. 

Wish the government folks would live on the smidgen of money we get. The amount would change in a hurry!

Time to close and head to bed early. I just can't keep my eyes open. It is only 6:30 p.m. I'm glad I was able to sit up today. Tomorrow is flu shot day. I'm making a point to get one because my lungs are so affected by this disease. Last Winter was so very hard on my breathing. The last thing I need is to add the flu to the mix. I don't look forward to cold weather and the suffering it brings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment