Saturday, October 10, 2015

Time for Truth

I just spent time on a website defending my beliefs as a Christian. Majority of those who tried to devour me were atheists. I learned two important lessons today: 1. "Fools are fools and you can't argue with them. A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion." Proverbs 18:2.
Proverbs 1:7 says, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction." Proverbs 17:28 says, "Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent." Proverbs 23:9 says, "Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, for he will despise the good sense of your words."  There are more at this link if you want to read them:

http://www.openbible.info/topics/fool


I realized I was a fool for putting up with their anger and condemnation. I am amazed at how stupid some comments can be. So I stated the truth and left.  I also left with several new names for my prayer list.

2. God can take any situation and turn it around. Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." He can sift through the muck and make truth shine bright in a dark world. I'm thankful He does this for me every day. I may be a broken vessel, but light shines through the cracks!

Before you say, "This is a blog about lupus, not God," let me remind you of something. THIS IS MY BLOG. I can say and share anything I want on here. My life belongs to Him. I could not get through a day without His mercy, grace, and love. 

After spending time "listening" to so many who are living under lies, I decided this entry would be one of truth. 

16"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.… John 3:16:17

Here are more truths on salvation:

 http://www.openbible.info/topics/salvation

God gives you choices. We make them every day. One of the most important choices is to accept Jesus as savior or walk away. Every choice has consequences. You have to make that decision for no one else can do it for you. He gave a most precious gift. 

"“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”Rev. 1:8.  "Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6.

More here:

http://www.openbible.info/topics/god


He is real. He is living. This world is soon to realize how true this is. Read Revelations and Daniel.

“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.  Matthew 7:13-14

I learned that this world is filled with proverbial fools simply by the definition held there. By sharing my beliefs, straight from God's word, I was condemned as a name caller, a child who believed fairy tales, etc. etc. etc. The fact remains that I know who God is, I believe in His word and will praise Him always. I know where I am going. Do you?

Since the beginning of the world and creation of man, this world has been part of a war between God and Satan. We fight it every day. I will simply never understand how someone can turn to evil. I have read the final chapter and he loses and drags with him a great number of mankind. "In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." 2 Corinthians 4:4. Satan is a liar. I don't know about you, but I plan on following the truth. 

Praise God for His mercy, grace and love! 

-------------------------------------------

The cross has been on top of the water tower (which sits on Asbury University campus -  a Christian campus) since 1976. I always found peace as a student as it reminded me WHO was in charge. I knew I was "home." I love this school and what it stands for. If you take down the cross, it won't make a difference in the faith of Christians. So why are people so angry? Another attack by the liar of all liars.

http://www.miseeharris.com/wilmore-kentucky-mayor-challenged-to-remove-cross-from-water-tower-trending-news/








No comments:

Post a Comment