Saturday, January 30, 2016

Alone Again

I spent a week with my best friend. She came up for my birthday. Many of our plans were cancelled due to the snowstorm. So we made the best of what was left. Neither one of us moved fast. She was sick with a bad cold and I was suffering from the severe pain associated with the cold. I am so thankful she makes this trip. Otherwise I would be alone on my birthday.

She left to go home Monday. I crawled into bed and have been there ever since, only getting up for food for me and the kitties and trips to the bathroom. Most of the time spent there was due to a worn out body. I feel better today even though I can't shake the headache I've had for five days.

The hardest part is trying to get used to being alone again. It tears your heart out sometimes. Just when I think I've gotten used to day to day being alone, I'm given a small taste of having a friend around only to have to readjust to being alone again. I haven't seen another person since she left on Monday.

I wouldn't change one moment of having her here. Wish it could have been longer. Wish I could have gone home with her. Wish I had a home to go home to.

Until I readjust to being alone again, I'll sleep or try to sleep. I'm tired, so very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment