Saturday, June 11, 2016

Enough of the Fevers!!

Since the colonoscopy, I've suffered from fevers from 100 degrees to 103 degrees and not being able to break them for hours. My body is worn out. Was it the procedure? The preparation? Did it cause a bad lupus flare? I don't know if any or all the above are correct. All I know is these fevers and destroying my body. Add to it the immense heat wave already hitting KY. If I am exposed to sunshine of any kind, I get a flare. If I am exposed to heat, I get a flare. Looks like I'll be trapped inside my home for the next few months.

I've endured a lot of suffering over 22 years of lupus flares. All of the attacks are not reversible. Damage is done. Some days I think I've just had enough.

When I break out into a high fever, there is no one to get me water or help me walk to the bathroom. Last night I fell once again as I walked to the bathroom. Ram! Right into the bathtub! I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired.

A new fever is churning. Better head back to bed before I fall from weakness!

No comments:

Post a Comment