Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Yikes Already!

Fevers have set back in again. Sunday my abdomen swelled twice its size. Fevers went up to 103 degrees again. Held on five or more hours and finally broke. Took me long enough but I finally figured out this was diverticulitis flaring. I've been having flares of it since I started the prep for my colonoscopy two weeks ago. The prep and the procedure both sent me into an inflamed system.

I was so weak Sunday night I could barely stand. Every movement I made was magnified ten times. I did fall into the bathtub when I finally made it to the bathroom. Bumped and bruised, I crawled into bed after taking ibuprofen. Five hours later I broke the fever and soaked the bed. My hair was soaking wet.

My water hose decided to explode Monday morning as I was washing off the front porch from the bird poo. They have decided my porch is a great place to rest and grab some cat food while they are there. All of a sudden a balloon appeared in the center of the hose. It exploded all over me. No rescuing that one. So I ended up going with a friend to get another one. Her air conditioning is out in her car and Monday was an especially hot day. So I spent the rest of the day in bed in front of a fan.

By Tuesday morning my joints were swollen and I was completely nauseous. Welcome lupus flare. One thing tends to set off another and add the extreme heat you get a good old lupus flare. Any extreme weather - rain, heat, cold, etc. causes my body to revolt. Seems to be more frequent these days. Although I'm use to having to take care of myself, I do feel sad there is no one there when I'm terribly sick. I also hate the fact my doctors don't seem to care about anything when I tell them. Therefore, I will suffer at home before I call them or go to the ER. I wonder why bother?

I must admit the fevers have been horrible. Just hoping somewhere down the line they will subside. I'm either freezing to death when they peak and have to find a sweatshirt or I'm soaking wet from humidity, heat and the new blood pressure medicine (one of the side effects). There has to be a middle ground somewhere, but for the life of me I've not been able to find it for years.

My college reunion is the end of this week. Temps are suppose to soar in upper 90's. Needless to say, I won't be walking in that heat to attend. Just praying God sends some good thunderstorms to cool down the air. It has been terribly dry here. Although the rain is miserable on my body, so is the heat. So you pick one or the other to endure.

I can't help but wonder what digit does the thermometer reach before I am forced to head to the ER?

No comments:

Post a Comment