Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Slowing to a Crawl

As the heat, humidity and dew point go up, and the rain increases, I slow down to a crawl. Weather beats me up. Lupus flares. Today I feel so sick. Just can't function.

Last week I saw my rheumatologist. She spent the time telling me I need to get a plaquenil test from the ophthalmologist. I tell her she needs to call in an appointment with a referral and I'll go. That's as far as it gets. Same old story every time I go. I never get a referral. I never get an appointment.

The receptionist took my vital signs. Did my blood pressure and heart rate. Said they were short handed, yet they have a physician's assistant on board. She sat in on my appointment saying she'd never met me before. However, she sat in on my appointment three months ago. I will never get use to a doctor who doesn't care.

After the two second exam, she asked me questions before sending me for a blood test. As usual, she asked if anything changed in my family's history. I told her no that my family is still dead.

When I went in for the blood test and urine test, they left me sitting there while they complained that I didn't give them enough urine. I gave them all I had. I sat there listening to them complain before I asked if I could go. Of course, they didn't have a clue I had overheard them.

I hate being a patient in today's medicine. I've grown so tired of wasting time in doctor's offices only to get a five minute "who cares" exam. So tired of the year after year pill mill. They keep juggling meds and the cost keeps going up. I'm just tired of it all.

If only they could feel the pain and suffering their patients feel. What a different world it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment