Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Will it ever stop?

Yesterday I saw the eye doctor again. She did four more tests to confirm that I have glaucoma. In just a few short weeks after picking up new glasses, my vision has worsened. And yes, I have glaucoma, add another prescription. Cataracts are getting worse, but she doesn't want to do anything until she knows for sure whether taking off the cataracts would indeed improve my vision. Head back to the retina doctor in two months to take two more tests to see if plaquenil is beyond the point of taking it anymore. The one medication that helps control the lupus symptoms. 

When I arrived home yesterday, my rheumatologist office had called and asked me to return the call. When I tried, I was informed they were having phone problems and I could not get through. So I called today and left a message for the new nurse to call me back. When she did, she didn't have a clue as to why she would have called me. I assured her I didn't call back for no reason and she had indeed called and asked me to return the call. She never called back so I guess she never remembered. Typical rheumatologist experience.

Last night I reached for something on my nightstand and fell off the bed hitting my head on the night stand. When I tried to get up again, I fell over a chair. So bruised up! 

Let's add another shall we? The bad duplex next door to me let the dog out again and he headed straight for my door. I screamed him away and the "boyfriend" (who has been running drugs out of that place for weeks) started yelling at me, threatening to beat  me up, and killing my cat. So after I pulled myself together, I called the local police and asked to speak to someone in that office. 

The policeman called me back. I explained everything that had gone on for months now and he said they were familiar with that duplex and said I would have to file against the guy who threatened me saying it was a terrorist threat. And only if something happens to my cat would they be able to do anything. It would change to a crime. First of all, I don't want anything to happen to my cat. I can't make him come in so that's out of the question. Two, there is a leash law in Wilmore. Dogs on leash. Not applied to cats. 

This has gone on long enough. The officer told me he would collect the tag numbers and names of the people when he went over there saying there had been a complaint. Said he would put this neighborhood on car patrol, and would call me later to let me know what happened. 

As I look out the window, I realize he's been over there a long time already. I'm sure they are not telling the truth, which he informed me he would be shocked if they did. 

I talked with my next door neighbor who also had a bad experience with them. He said next city council meeting he would be bringing up this issue to rid the neighborhood of the drugs. I just hope he follows through. 

I left Alabama to get away from this mess. I don't intend to move, but to stay and fight if I have to. But the stress is really killing me. If I had another place to go today, I'd be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment