Sunday, November 20, 2016

Another Benlysta Treatment and Other Thoughts

Had one super good day with the first treatment. Then I crashed for days. Couldn't function. Barely could get out of bed. Another treatment (number 2 of the month) comes Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving. Not sure how it will affect me so this year may be spent in bed. Know the 20% cost will hit me before the year is up, but Benlysta is the last medication I can take. I've been through a gamut of meds for over twenty-two years of suffering from this disease. All stopped working.

This time of year is especially hard. Losing my family so early in life has been difficult. While others sit down with parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. I only have a memory of doing so. If you still have your family, make sure you spend time with them. Once they're gone, they're gone.

Wanted to say one thing about Donald Trump. I watched an interview done on Fox News website/channel this past Saturday. In it he spoke of his brother who died at age 42 from alcoholism. He has never taken a drink because of it. This gave me far more respect for the man. The interviewer shared how a friend of his heard Mr. Trump tell his daughter he didn't want her drinking when she was going out with her friends. That stayed with him. He also stated he never took drugs or smoked cigarettes.

Growing up with a functioning alcoholic father (meaning he still held a job), I understand the trauma that hits you. It is easy to become ashamed of what you were experiencing at home so you avoided people altogether. I did. Still I was bullied for being a goody goody and never taking a drink, smoking and other things. It just seemed as though what was wrong was accepted more than what was right and today that sentiment is completely on target. I was beginning to think I was the only person in the world today who has never touched alcohol. And I never will.

Mr. Trump shared this story in hopes someone would be affected by it. I was affected. I found out I wasn't alone in the world on this decision. I have more respect knowing our new president will not be under the influence when making decisions.

My father stopped drinking after my brother died. Was so thankful to have two years of a sober father, but grieved the fact I would only have him two years in that condition.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/11/16/objectified-donald-trump-fox-news-takes-unique-look-president-elect

No comments:

Post a Comment