Friday, January 27, 2017

January

This is a hard month for me. Anniversaries of my mama's death, her birthday and my birthday. Thankful this month is almost over. Then I wonder why it goes by so fast. 

My best friend was here for almost a week for my birthday. We hit a lot of Half Price Bookstores, some thrift, saw "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," ate birthday cake and dinner and rode a dinner train. Worn out. They day she left I went to bed and slept. Still worn out. It was warmer during her time here and now the cold temperatures have set in again. My hands are frozen as I sit here writing. Snow flurries fell today. We're suppose to have some sticking snow on Sunday. Time will tell.

The RJ Corman Dinner train (My Old KY Dinner Train) was wonderful. Beautifully set tables inside a 1940's car. Traveled a strip of tracks that belong to them. Saw different historic markers along the way like Jesse James safe house, wooden trestle that survived the War Between the States, a train depot where "Stripes" was filmed, etc. Here's the link that tells all about it: 

http://www.kydinnertrain.com/history.html


A list of Historic Points: http://www.kydinnertrain.com/downloads/MOKDT%20Points%20of%20Interest%202016%20back.pdf 


So thankful to have been able to experience this. Have always wanted to ride a train. 

Spent the night away from home. The room had a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. Was so tall I thought I wouldn't be able to get in. The next morning I sat on the side, pulled both legs over and lowered into the tub. Was the best bath I ever had! The heat and jets released all the pain in my body if only for a short time. The tub had grooves cut into the side so that I could hold on and pull up. If I ever win publisher's clearing house, I'm getting a jacuzzi!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I was outside feeding the kitties late yesterday, three cop cars arrived at the drug house two doors down, body armour on, rifles drawn. Ambulance showed up and left after ten minutes, but the cops stayed over an hour. Of course they left without anyone to arrest. I will never understand this. WHY? While taking out trash, I heard them talking at the end of the driveway saying they could have arrested both of them for the bruises and cuts on them. Then why not?!?! So sick of these people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment