Thursday, March 2, 2017

After Surgery

I find the hardest part of facing surgery is the fear of the unknown. Never having eye surgery before and knowing I would be awake all added up to dread and fear. The surgery itself wasn't as bad as I thought. The only disturbing part was hearing the machine removing the cataract. Sounded like someone sanding a hardwood floor.

Yesterday I stopped to eat and went straight home to sleep. My only mishap was running into the bathroom door. I have a new respect for those who see out of one eye every day of their lives.

Early morning Dr appointment where the patch was removed and tests done. My eye is jumpy every time I move it. Still blurred and have six weeks of healing ahead. But the pressure that had been extremely high was now perfect. So six weeks of four different eye drops and one week of sleeping with the patch. Still have hope!!

No comments:

Post a Comment